|This article is about a/an series entry (the "41st") in the Super Sentai series.|
|Uchu Sentai Kyuranger|
|Number of episodes:||48|
|First episode:||Space.1: The Super Stars of Space|
|Original airing:||February 12, 2017 - February 4, 2018|
Lupinranger VS Patranger
Uchu Sentai Kyuranger (宇宙戦隊キュウレンジャー Uchū Sentai Kyūrenjā), translated as Space Squadron Nine Ranger, is the 41st season of Super Sentai. It joined Kamen Rider Ex-Aid on the Super Hero Time block on February 12, 2017, replacing Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger. After Ex-Aid's finale, Kamen Rider Build joined Kyuranger on the Super Hero Time block, along with a new airtime an hour later. On February 11, 2018 it was replaced by Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger as part of the Super Hero Time block. It has a space theme, with the Rangers themed after constellations and gear based on stars and planets. This show was also aired in South Korea as Power Rangers Galaxy Force (파워레인저 갤럭시포스 Pawaleinjeo Gaelleoksiposeu).
In 2019, this show was dubbed in Indonesian under the name Kyuuranger, making it the first Super Sentai show since Megaranger to be aired in Indonesia, as well as the first 2010s Super Sentai show to be aired in Southeast Asia.
The average ratings of the series was 3.0%.
to be added
- "When people shed tears after the galaxy falls into the hands of the heartless, nine saviors chosen by the Kyutama, the Kyurangers, will save the galaxy."
- Main article: Kyurangers
|Shishi Red||Lucky||Takumi Kizu|
|Sasori Orange||Stinger||Yousuke Kishi|
|Ookami Blue||Garu||Kazuya Nakai|
|Tenbin Gold||Balance||Yuki Ono|
|Oushi Black||Champ||Akio Otsuka|
|Hebitsukai Silver||Naga Ray||Taiki Yamazaki|
|Chameleon Green||Hammie||Sakurako Okubo|
|Washi Pink||Raptor 283||Mao Ichimichi|
|Kajiki Yellow||Spada||Tetsuji Sakakibara|
|Ryu Commander||Shou Ronpo||Hiroshi Kamiya|
|Koguma Skyblue||Kotaro Sakuma||Shota Taguchi|
|Houou Soldier||Tsurugi Ohtori||Keisuke Minami|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid||Emu Hojo|
|Kamen Rider Brave||Hiiro Kagami|
|Kamen Rider Snipe||Taiga Hanaya|
|Kamen Rider Lazer||Kiriya Kujo|
Kamen Rider Para‑DX
- Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
- Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger
- Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger
- Keisatsu Sentai Patranger
|Space Sheriff Gavan Type‑G||Geki Jumonji|
|Space Sheriff Shaider||Shu Karasuma|
- Space Shogunate Jark Matter
- Don Armage (1-48)
- Known Daikaans
- Known Tsuyoindaver Daikaans
- Known Executioner Daikaans
- Gyabler (24)
- Known Other Daikaans
- Ikargen (6-12)
- Independent Units
|Dave Red||Dave Red|
|Dave Blue||Dave Blue|
|Dave Black||Dave Black|
|Dave Yellow||Dave Yellow|
|Dave Commander||Dave Commander|
- Main article: Uchū Sentai Kyuranger Soundtracks
- Opening theme
- "Lucky Star" (LUCKYSTAR)
- Ending themes
- "Kyutama Dancing!" (キュータマダンシング! Kyūtama Danshingu!)
- "Kyutama Ondo!" (キュータマ音頭! Kyūtama Ondo!)
- Insert themes
- "Seigi no Tsuwamono Rebellion" (正義の兵(つわもの)リベリオン Seigi no Tsuwamono Riberion, "Soldiers of Justice, Rebellion")
- Artist: Tamashii No Sankyoudai (魂の三兄弟 Tamashī no Sankyōdai)
- "Say the Kyuranger~ Uchuu wo Torimodose!" (セイ・ザ・キュウレンジャー～宇宙を取りもどせ! Sei za Kyūrenjā ~ Uchū o Torimodose!, "Say the Kyuranger ~They're Taking Back the Universe!")
- Artist: Psychic Lover (サイキックラバー Saikikku Rabā)
- "Densetsu no Houou Soldier" (伝説のホウオウソルジャー Densetsu no Houou Sorujā, "The Legendary Houou Soldier")
- Artist: Shinichi Ishihara (石原 慎一 Ishihara Shinichi)
- "Kyulette The Chance" (キューレットザチャンス Kyūretto Za Chansu)
- "Kyukyoku! Muteki!! Kyuranger" (究極!無敵!!キュウレンジャー Kyūkyoku! Muteki!! Kyūrenjā, "Ultimate! Invincible!! Kyuranger")
- Artist: Tomohiro Hatano (幡野 智宏 Hatano Tomohiro)
- "Miracle Star! Shishi Red Orion" (ミラクルスター!シシレッドオリオン Mirakuru Sutā! Shishi Reddo Orion)
- Artist: Hideyuki Takahashi (高橋秀幸 Takahashi Hideyuki)
- "Lucky Miracle Paradise" (ラッキー ミラクル パラダイス Rakkī Mirakuru Paradaisu)
- Mecha themes
- "KyurenOh Ginga Muteki Densetsu" (キュウレンオー 銀河無敵伝説 Kyuuren'ō Ginga Muteki Densetsu, "KyurenOh the Galaxy's Invincible Legend")
- Artist: Tsuyoshi Matsubara (松原 剛志 Matsubara Tsuyoshi)
- "Kyodai Uchū Senkan Battle Orion Ship" (巨大宇宙戦艦バトルオリオンシップ Kyodai Uchū Senkan Batoru Orion Shippu, "Giant Spacecraft Battle Orion Ship")
- Character themes
- "Lucky SMILE" (ラッキーSMILE Rakkī Sumairu)
- "Sasoriza no Uta" (サソリ座の歌 "Song of Scorpio")
- "Karakkishi" (からっきし "Altogether")
- "Yumemiru Android" (夢見るアンドロイド Yumemiru Andoroido, "Dreaming Android")
- "Bravo! Yellow!" (ブラボー!イエロー! Burabō! Ierō!)
- "Ryuu Commander ~Ryu no Michi~" (リュウコマンダー龍の道 Ryū Komandā Ryū no Michi, "Ryuu Commander, The Path of the Dragon")
- "BLUE SKY BOY"
- "I’M LEGEND"
- Episode of Stinger songs
- Lucky (ラッキー Rakkī): Takumi Kizu (岐洲 匠 Kizu Takumi)
- Stinger (スティンガー Sutingā): Yōsuke Kishi (岸 洋佑 Kishi Yōsuke)
- Garu (ガル Garu, Voice): Kazuya Nakai (中井 和哉 Nakai Kazuya)
- Balance (バランス Baransu, Voice): Yūki Ono (小野 友樹 Yūki Ono)
- Champ (チャンプ Chanpu, Voice): Akio Ōtsuka (大塚 明夫 Ōtsuka Akio)
- Naga Ray (ナーガ・レイ Nāga Rei): Taiki Yamazaki (山崎 大輝 Yamazaki Taiki)
- Hammie (ハミィ Hamī): Sakurako Okubo (大久保 桜子 Ōkubo Sakurako)
- Raptor 283 (ラプター２８３ Raputā Ni Hachi San, Voice): M • A • O (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Spada (スパーダ Supāda): Tetsuji Sakakibara (榊原 徹士 Sakakibara Tetsuji)
- Shou Ronpo (ショウ・ロンポー Shō Ronpō, Voice): Hiroshi Kamiya (神谷 浩史 Kamiya Hiroshi)
- Kotaro Sakuma (佐久間 小太郎 Sakuma Kotarō): Shota Taguchi (田口 翔大 Taguchi Shōta)
- Tsurugi Ohtori (鳳 ツルギ Ōtori Tsurugi): Keisuke Minami (南 圭介 Minami Keisuke)
- Orion (オライオン Oraion): Kai Shishido (宍戸 開 Shishido Kai)
- Don Armage (ドン・アルマゲ Don Arumage, Voice): Atsuki Tani (谷 昌樹 Tani Atsuki)
- Eriedrone (エリードロン Erīdoron, Voice): Takaya Kuroda (黒田 崇矢 Kuroda Takaya)
- Ikargen (イカーゲン Ikāgen, Voice): Yoku Shioya (塩屋 翼 Shioya Yoku)
- Madakko (マーダッコ Mādakko, Voice): Eri Kitamura (喜多村 英梨 Kitamura Eri)
- Scorpio (スコルピオ Sukorupio): Yuki Kubota (久保田 悠来 Kubota Yūki)
- Tecchu (テッチュウ Techyu, Voice): Hiroshi Tsuchida (土田 大 Tsuchida Hiroshi)
- Kukuruga (ククルーガ Kukurūga, Voice): Naoya Uchida (内田 直哉 Uchida Naoya)
- Akyanba (アキャンバー Akyanbā, Voice): Arisa Komiya (小宮 有紗 Komiya Arisa)
- Narration, Kyuranger Equipment: Subaru Kimura (木村 昴 Kimura Subaru)
Suit Actors Edit
- Shishi Red: Masashi Takada (高田 将司 Takada Masashi)
- Sasori Orange: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
- Garu, Ookami Blue: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro)
- Balance, Tenbin Gold: Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru)
- Champ, Oushi Black: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō)
- Hebitsukai Silver, Kyutama Gattai RyuTeiOh (substitute), Kyutama Gattai Gigant Houou, Deathworm : Keizo Yabe (矢部 敬三 Yabe Keizō)
- Chameleon Green: Ayumi Shimozono (下園 愛弓 Shimozono Ayumi)
- Raptor 283, Washi Pink: Ryoko Gomi (五味 涼子 Gomi Ryōko)
- Kajiki Yellow: Shinsuke Kusano (草野 伸介 Kusano Shinsuke)
- Kyutama Gattai KyurenOh, Shou Ronpo, Ryu Commander: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki)
- Koguma Skyblue: Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko)
- Don Armage, Houou Soldier, Kyutama Gattai RyuTeiOh, Big Bear, Morimers Robo: Yohei Fujita (藤田 洋平 Fujita Yohei)
- Eriedrone, Acanba: Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Ikargen: Riichi Seike (清家 利一 Seike Riichi)
- Madakko: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho)
- Scorpio, Kukulger, Morimers Robo : Masato Tsutamune (蔦宗 正人 Tsutamune Masato)
- Tecchu: Shigeki Ito (伊藤 茂騎 Itō Shigeki)
- to be added
Video ReleaseEditThe show was released on DVD in 12 volumes, along with a 4-volume Blu-Ray release. All movies were released as individual releases.
- to be added
- This is the first Super Sentai season to be explicitly set in its own universe, distinct from the main universe that the rest of Super Sentai is set in.
- In addition to representing the number of the first nine (九 Kyu) members, the "Kyu" (キュウ) in the title could also represent multiple meanings:
- 究 (Kyu) from "ultimate" (究極 Kyukyoku).
- 救 (Kyu) from "savior" (救世主 Kyuseishu).
- 宮 (Kyu) from " astrological sign" (黄道十二宮 Kōdō Jūnikyu).
- 球 (Kyu) from "sphere" (球体 Kyutai)
- This is the first season to have more than five rangers in the core team, with nine. However, it briefly starts with only three rangers in the first episode, following the pattern of the last three post-anniversary seasons (Hurricaneger, Gekiranger, Go-Busters).
- Like the Abarangers and Go-Ongers, the succeeding season starts with a team(s) of three rangers.
- This is the first season since Tensou Sentai Goseiger to have helmets with sculpted lips and the first season since Chouriki Sentai Ohranger to not feature lips sculpted onto a separate mouthpiece.
- This is the first season in which the main objective of the Sentai Team is not to prevent neither the conquest nor the destruction of the earth at the hands of the villain faction. Instead the main objective is liberating it as it was already conquered by the villain faction.
- This is the first season since Battle Fever J to have an Orange Ranger in the core team, instead of being added later like Akira Nijino and Bud.
- This is the first season with a female Green Ranger, not counting MidoNinger, as she is exclusive to a V-Cinema.
- This season features nearly all of the Ranger colors that have been used across the franchise being represented by the first ten team members: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Black, Gold, Silver, Orange and Purple.
- This is the first team whose theme involves actual star constellations, referring to the 88 major constellations of the night sky.
- Gorenger was the first, with the team actually associated with the constellation Cassiopeia ("The Seated Queen"), but this factor is not revealed until the series' final episode.
- Carranger likewise associates with constellations, but theirs involved completely fictitious "car constellations" only unique to their series and not associated with actual constellations.
- This series is the first in the franchise to have a TV Asahi producer as chief producer and have creative input from Bandai America. 
- Subaru Kimura is the first foreigner and the youngest voice actor who narrates and voices the Sentai equipment.
- It is the first Sentai since Juken Sentai Gekiranger to have the full -ranger suffix (as opposed to the shortened -ger).
- Continuing the trend started by Kyoryuger/Gekiranger, this series shares many similarities with Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger:
- Most of the heroes are aliens with a space-motif.
- Coincidentally, Gokaiger's second partner, Kamen Rider Fourze, also has a space motif.
- The villains in Kamen Rider Fourze, Zodiarts and Horoscopes, are themed after constellations, the main theme of Kyuranger.
- The villains are evil empires (Jark Matter and Zangyack).
- The heroes are considered criminals and have bounties on their heads.
- The series start with large alien invasions of Earth.
- Lucky is similar to Gai Ikari as both of them are energetic and happy go lucky. He also shares similarities to Captain Marvelous as both of them are set to accomplish something once they set a goal. Later, Lucky is also revealed to be royalty as Ahim de Famille was, but manage to restore his home kingdom back from the enemies’ hand unlike Ahim. He also shares similarities with Joe Gibken as both try to save someone close to them, who reappear as the villain's servant (Aslan and Sid Bamick respectively).
- Stinger and Garu are both similar to Joe and Ahim, with their loner personalities as Joe, and lost most their people at the hands of the enemies as Ahim.
- The heroes also teamed up with Space Sheriff Gavan and Dekaranger, as both shows were of police motif.
- A known voice actress who portrayed both Luka Millfy and Raptor 283. Both characters eventually meet at the end of Kyuranger vs. Space Squad.
- Most of the heroes are aliens with a space-motif.
- Bits of the show's plot is similar to the Star Wars franchise.
- This is the first Post Anniversary Sentai since Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger to have two Red and Blue Rangers; in this case Kyuranger has Shishi Red, Ookami Blue, Koguma Skyblue, and Houou Soldier.
- With this series, Super Sentai's timeslot changes from 7:30am to 9:30am starting in October.
- This Super Sentai series shares some similar elements with its second Super Hero Time partner, Kamen Rider Build.
- Both take place in separate universes from their respective franchises.
- Both universes are dystopian (Jark Matter's conquest of Earth along with the entire universe for Kyuranger and the Sky Wall Disaster and Japan's division for Build).
- The heroes from both series visited their respective franchises' main universes and they met and fought alongside some of their predecessors who live there.
- The main villains of both series are heads of government (In Kyuranger's case Don Armage proclaimed himself the Shogun of the Universe [including the Earth] after conquering it prior to the beginning of the series, while in Build's case since the end of episode 10 until the end of episode 15, Gentoku Himuro/Night Rogue is the Acting Prime Minister of Touto due to the hospitalization of his father and then later Evolto, in the guise of Prime Minister Mido, takes over.).
- Both series' collectibles have a sliding gimmick prior to their usage for transformation.
- Both take place in separate universes from their respective franchises.
- This is the first non Mid Season to Anniversary season Super Sentai since Denji Sentai Megaranger to have two female Rangers on the core team.
- This is the first Super Sentai series since Kakuranger not to have a team up movie with the immediate predecessor.
- Due to the Kyurangers residing in their own reality, it's the first season since Engine Sentai Go-Onger to not have a early-bird cameo for their successor teams, the Lupinrangers and Patrangers.
- With a total of 12 good Rangers, Kyuranger took the title of the largest Sentai team from the 37th Super Sentai team Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger 4 years ago with 11, and the 28th Super Sentai team Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger 13 years ago with 10.
- Coincidentally, both Kyoryuger and Kyuranger are the Sentai team which have the the teams which is started with the initial letter "K" and having the total of 48 episodes, with their successors (Ressha Sentai ToQger and Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger) both feature the original Red-Blue-Green-Yellow-Pink main team formation.
- Due to being confirmed to be taken place outside the main universe, Kyuranger can be an essentially counterpart of Go-Onger’s Power Ranger series counterpart, Power Rangers RPM, as both Kyuranger and RPM are the first known Sentai/Ranger entries which takes place in the alternate realities.
See Also Edit
- to be added
- Official website
- Toei website
- TV Asahi website
- Kyuranger at Super-Sentai.net
- Official Twitter account
|Gorenger • J.A.K.Q. • Battle Fever J • Denziman • Sun Vulcan • Goggle V • Dynaman • Bioman • Changeman • Flashman • Maskman • Liveman • Turboranger • Fiveman • Jetman • Zyuranger • Dairanger • Kakuranger • Ohranger • Carranger • Megaranger • Gingaman • GoGo-V • Timeranger • Gaoranger • Hurricaneger • Abaranger • Dekaranger • Magiranger • Boukenger • Gekiranger • Go-Onger • Shinkenger • Goseiger • Gokaiger • Go-Busters • Kyoryuger • ToQger• Ninninger • Zyuohger • Kyuranger • Lupinranger VS Patranger • Ryusoulger|
|View • Talk • Edit|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found