|This article is about a/an series entry (the 35th) in the Super Sentai series.|
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー Kaizoku Sentai Gōkaijā, translated as Pirate Squadron Gokaiger) is the 35th season of the Super Sentai series and celebrates the 35th Anniversary of the franchise. It premiered on TV Asahi February 13, 2011, joining Kamen Rider OOO and Kamen Rider Fourze as programs featured on TV Asahi's "Super Hero Time" programming block. The season's motif is pirates and follows the story of five young space pirates in search of the "Greatest Treasure in the Universe".
- "The 34 Super Sentai who have protected the smiles of the people! They lost their powers fighting the Space Empire Zangyack, but their powers have been inherited by these unbelievable rogues!"
- "These youths travel the great seas of space searching for adventure and romance. They revolt against Space Empire Zangyack. These hearty fellows proudly bear the pirate name! And their name is..."
The Gokaigers use the "lost" powers of the 34 previous Super Sentai teams to fight the evil Universal Empire Zangyack, whose first wave of invasion forces were completely defeated by the older teams until they arrive with reinforcements and invade the Earth once more, and they must visit the past 34 teams to obtain more power to fight against the ever-determined Zangyack.
As they continue collecting more Greater Powers, the Gokai Crew run into Marvelous' ex-crew mate, Basco, who is also looking for the Greatest Treasure in the Universe, but he wants it all for himself. To that end, he betrayed his old crew and joined up with the Zangyack. He opposes the Gokaigers with his own set of Rangers Keys and his partner Sally, a monkey-like alien who can summon Giant Battle Pseudo-Lifeforms.
Eventually, Gai Ikari, an Earthling, joins the crew as the newest Gokaiger, Gokai Silver, after obtaining his gear from three former Sentai heroes (Burai, Naoto Takizawa and Mikoto Nakadai) and proving himself worthy of being a Gokaiger. As a Sentai Fanboy, his knowledge of past Super Sentai teams aids the Gokaigers in their fight against the Zangyack Empire and Basco.
- Main article: Gokaigers
|Gokai Red||Captain Marvelous|
|Gokai Blue||Joe Gibken|
|Gokai Yellow||Luka Millfy|
|Gokai Green||Don Dogoier|
|Gokai Pink||Ahim de Famille|
|Gokai Silver||Gai Ikari|
|Space Sheriff Gavan||Retsu Ichijouji|
|Kamen Rider Decade||Tsukasa Kadoya|
|Kamen Rider OOO||Eiji Hino|
- Heavenly Saint Flagel
- Master Shafu
- Toshizo Tanba
- Emiri Sanjyou
- Engine Speedor
- Engine Buson
- Engine Bear RV
- Honami Moriyama
- Mirai Moriyama
- Shuchirou Amachi
- Nozomu Amachi
- Yuka Yamazaki
- Super Sentai 199
Legends (In order of appearance)Edit
|Shinken Red||Unnamed Boy|
|Gokai Yellow||Sayo Kinoshita|
- Emperor Ackdos Gill (41 - 51)
- Main article: Action Commanders
The action commanders are alien monsters that the Zangyack send to lead their Gormin forces.
- Liquidroid Wateru (16)
- Moondroid Tsukki (20)
- Fireoid Meran (23)
- Soilroid Dororin (39)
- Woodroid Moririn (39)
- Sunroid Solar (47)
- Goldroid Geronpa (47)
- Pachacamac XIII (7) [Gekiranger]
- King Ryuuwon (21) [Boukenger]
- Satarakura Jr. (25 - 26) [Hurricaneger]
- Sandaaru Jr. (25) [Hurricaneger]
- Pollution President Babatcheed (35 - 36) [Go-Onger]
- Shitari of the Bones (40) [Shinkenger]
- Metal Alice of the Agent (40) [Goseiger]
- Captain Marvelous: Ryota Ozawa (小澤 亮太 Ozawa Ryōta)
- Joe Gibken: Yuki Yamada (山田 裕貴 Yamada Yūki)
- Luka Millfy: Mao Ichimichi (市道 真央 Ichimichi Mao)
- Don "Doc" Dogoier: Kazuki Shimizu (清水 一希 Shimizu Kazuki)
- Ahim de Famille: Yui Koike (小池 唯 Koike Yui)
- Gai Ikari: Junya Ikeda (池田 純矢 Ikeda Jun'ya)
- Basco ta Jolokia: Kei Hosogai (細貝 圭 Hosogai Kei)
- Navi (Voice): Yukari Tamura (田村 ゆかり Tamura Yukari)
- Ackdos Gill (Voice): Shinji Ogawa (小川 真司 Ogawa Shinji)
- Warz Gill (Voice): Hirofumi Nojima (野島 裕史 Nojima Hirofumi)
- Damaras (Voice): Kōji Ishii (石井 康嗣 Ishii Kōji)
- Insarn (Voice): Kikuko Inoue (井上 喜久子 Inoue Kikuko)
- Sid Bamick/Barizorg (Voice): Gaku Shindo (進藤 学 Shindō Gaku)
- Dyrandoh (Voice): Masashi Ebara (江原 正士 Ebara Masashi)
- Fūraimaru (Voice): Hironori Miyata (宮田 浩徳 Miyata Hironori)
- Machalcon (Voice): Hiroaki Hirata (平田 広明 Hirata Hiroaki)
- Narration, Mobirates Voice, GokaiCellular Voice, GokaiSabre Voice, GokaiGun Voice, GokaiSpear Voice, Gokai Galleon Buster Voice, Greatest Treasure in the Universe Voice: Tomokazu Seki (関 智一 Seki Tomokazu)
- Tsuyoshi Kaijo/Akarenger: Naoya Makoto (誠 直也 Makoto Naoya)
- AkaRed (Voice): Tōru Furuya (古谷 徹 Furuya Tōru)
- Kai Ozu: Atsushi Hashimoto (橋本 淳 Hashimoto Atsushi)
- Spell Voice: Tesshō Genda (玄田 哲章 Genda Tesshō)
- Banban "Ban" Akaza: Ryuuji Sainei (載寧 龍二 Sainei Ryūji)
- Marika "Jasmine" Reimon: Ayumi Kinoshita (木下 あゆ美 Kinoshita Ayumi)
- Doggie Kruger (Voice): Tetsu Inada (稲田 徹 Inada Tetsu)
- Kozo Kasugai: Kentarō Shimazu (島津 健太郎 Shimazu Kentarō)
- Jan Kandou: Hiroki Suzuki (鈴木 裕樹 Suzuki Hiroki)
- Master Sha-Fu (Voice): Ichirō Nagai (永井 一郎 Nagai Ichirō)
- Cosmic Kenpō Master Pachacamac XIII (Voice): Yasunori Masutani (増谷 康紀 Masutani Yasunori)
- Kakeru Shishi: Noboru Kaneko (金子 昇 Kaneko Noboru)
- Kaoru Shiba: Runa Natsui (夏居 瑠奈 Natsui Runa)
- Toshizo Tanba: Kazuyuki Matsuzawa (松澤 一之 Matsuzawa Kazuyuki)
- Eikichi Nashida: Takashi Yamanaka (山中 崇 Yamanaka Takashi)
- Kyousuke Jinnai: Yūji Kishi (岸 祐二 Kishi Yūji)
- Mikoto Nakadai: Kotaro Tanaka (田中 幸太朗 Tanaka Kōtarō)
- Ryouma: Kazuki Maehara (前原 一輝 Maehara Kazuki)
- Hyuuga: Teruaki Ogawa (小川 輝明 Ogawa Teruaki)
- Satoru Akashi: Mitsuomi Takahashi (高橋 光臣 Takahashi Mitsuomi)
- Matsuri Tatsumi: Kayoko Shibata (柴田 かよこ Shibata Kayoko)
- Yousuke Shiina: Shun Shioya (塩谷 瞬 Shioya Shun)
- Nanami Nono: Nao Nagasawa (長澤 奈央 Nagasawa Nao)
- Kouta Bitou: Kohei Yamamoto (山本 康平 Yamamoto Kōhei)
- Gai Yuki: Toshihide Wakamatsu (若松 俊秀 Wakamatsu Toshihide)
- Emiri Sanjou: Michi Nishijima (西島 未智 Nishijima Michi)
- Yukito Sanjyou: Sho Tomita (冨田 翔 Tomita Shō)
- Joh Ohara: Kazuhiko Nishimura (西村 和彦 Nishimura Kazuhiko)
- Goro Hoshino: Masaru Shishido (宍戸 勝 Shishido Masaru)
- Momo Maruo: Tamao Sato (さとう 珠緒 Satō Tamao)
- Ryo of the Heavenly Fire Star: Keiichi Wada (和田 圭市 Wada Keiichi)
- Cain: Yuki Kimisawa (君沢 ユウキ Kimisawa Yūki)
- Sosuke Esumi: Yasuhisa Furuhara (古原 靖久 Furuhara Yasuhisa)
- Bomper (voice): Akiko Nakagawa (中川 亜紀子 Nakagawa Akiko)
- Speedor (Voice): Daisuke Namikawa (浪川 大輔 Namikawa Daisuke)
- Bus-on (Voice): Hisao Egawa (江川 央生 Egawa Hisao)
- BearRV (Voice): Miki Inoue (井上 美紀 Inoue Miki)
- Barbaric Officer Chirakashizky (Voice): Takaya Kuroda (黒田 崇矢 Kuroda Takaya)
- Pollution President Babatcheed (Voice): Banjō Ginga (銀河 万丈 Ginga Banjō)
- Kenta Date: Hayato Oshiba (大柴 隼人 Ōshiba Hayato)
- Domon: Shuhei Izumi (和泉 宗兵 Izumi Shūhei)
- Honami Moriyama: Tamao Yoshimura (吉村 玉緒 Yoshimura Tamao)
- Shitari of the Bones (Voice): Chō (チョー)
- Metal Alice of the Agent (Voice): Marina Inoue (井上 麻里奈 Inoue Marina)
- Zan-KT0 of the Shot (Voice): Tora Take (武 虎 Take Tora)
- Shirou Akebono: Kenji Ohba (大葉 健二 Ōba Kenji)
- Ninjaman (Voice): Kazuki Yao (矢尾 一樹 Yao Kazuki)
- Tsuruhime: Satomi Hirose (広瀬 仁美 Hirose Satomi)
- Takayuki Hiba: Takayuki Godai (五代 高之 Godai Takayuki)
- Sho Hayate: Kazuoki Takahashi (高橋 和興 Takahashi Kazuoki)
- Dai: Kihachirō Uemura (植村 喜八郎 Uemura Kihachirō)
- Akira: Issei Hirota (廣田 一成 Hirota Issei)
- Remi Hoshikawa: Ryō Narushima (成嶋 涼 Narushima Ryō)
- Sharma Tribe Knight Goushi: Seiju Umon (右門 青寿 Umon Seiju)
- Professor Shuchirou Amachi: Louis Yamada LIII (山田ルイ53世 Yamada Rui Gojūsan-sei)
- Yuka Yamazaki: Kaoru Hirata (平田 薫 Hirata Kaoru)
- Shou Tatsumi: Atsushi Harada (原田 篤 Harada Atsushi)
- Miu Sutou: Yumi Sugimoto (杉本 有美 Sugimoto Yumi)
- Houka Ozu: Ayumi Beppu (別府 あゆみ Beppu Ayumi)
- Shoji of the Heavenly Gravity Star: Ei Hamura (羽村 英 Hamura Ei)
- Kazu of the Heavenly Time Star: Keisuke Tsuchiya (土屋 圭輔 Tsuchiya Keisuke)
A total of 182 suit actors playing the past 34 Super Sentai teams were involved in the Legendary Great War scene that was shown in both the first episode and Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle. During filming, the suit actors consist of several suit actors who are members of Japan Action Enterprises, Red Entertainment Deliver and Stunt Japan, as well as stage show actors from all across Japan.
- Gokai Red: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi)
- Gokai Blue: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi)
- Gokai Yellow: Yuichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi)
- Gokai Green, HurricaneYellow: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro)
- Gokai Pink: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho)
- Gokai Silver: Daisuke Satō (佐藤 太輔 Satō Daisuke)
- Warz Gill, Great Warz: Riichi Seike (清家 利一 Seike Riichi)
- Insarn: Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru)
- Barizorg: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō)
- Basco ta Jolokia (True form): Kōsuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Sally: Toshihiro Ogura (おぐら としひろ Ogura Toshihiro)
- Action Commander: Keizo Yabe (矢部 敬三 Yabe Keizō)
- Action Commander, Black Lion Rio, Babatcheed: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
- Ninja Red: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Bouken Pink: Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni)
- Doggie Kruger, Deka Master, Ninjaman: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki)
- Black Condor: Naoki Ofuji (大藤 直樹 Ōfuji Naoki)
- Others: Sanae Hitomi (人見 早苗 Hitomi Sanae), Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko)
- Opening theme
- "Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (song)" (海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー Kaizoku Sentai Gōkaijā)
- Lyrics: Yuho Iwasato
- Composition: Yūsuke Mochida (持田 裕輔 Mochida Yūsuke?)
- Arrangement: Project.R (Hiroaki Kagoshima)
- Artist: Tsuyoshi Matsubara (Project.R) with Young Fresh (Project.R)
- Ending theme
- "Super Sentai Hero Getter" (スーパー戦隊 ヒーローゲッター Sūpā Sentai Hīrō Gettā)
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi & Naruhisa Arakawa
- Composition: Kenichiro Ōishi
- Arrangement: Project.R (Kenichiro Ōishi)
- Artist: Project.R
- Insert theme
- "Kaizoku Gattai! Gokai-Oh" (海賊合体! ゴーカイオー Kaizoku Gattai! Gōkaiō, Pirate Combination! Gokai-Oh)
- Lyrics: Yoffy
- Composition: Kosuke Yamashita
- Arrangement: Kenichiro Oishi
- Artist: Psychic Lover
- Inserted into episodes 10-13, 32, 45
- "Gokai Full Throttle Dash!" (豪快全開ダッシュ!! Gōkai Zenkai Dasshu!!)
- Lyrics, Composition, Arrangement & Artist: Takayoshi Tanimoto
- Inserted into episodes 11, 24, 40, 45
- "Heart of Steel GokaiSilver" (鋼の心 ゴーカイシルバー Hagane no Kokoro Gōkaishirubā)
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Kosuke Yamashita
- Arrangement: Morihiro Suzuki
- Artist: Hideyuki Takahashi
- Inserted into episodes 17, 40
- "Completed! GoZyuJin (完成! 豪獣神 Kansei! Gōjūjin)
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Kosuke Yamashita
- Arrangement: Koichiro Kameyama
- Artist: NoB
- Inserted into episodes 18, 40
- "Find the Treasure!" (お宝を探せ! Otakara o Sagase!)
- Lyrics: Shoko Fujibayashi
- Composition: Kosuke Yamashita
- Arrangement: Hiroshi Akira
- Artist: Z Hata
- Inserted into episodes 22, 35, 44-45
- "Pirates Girls" (パイレーツ・ガールズ Pairētsu Gāruzu)
- Lyrics: Inoue Nozomi
- Composition & Arrangement: Takafumi Iwasaki
- Artist: Project.R
- Inserted into episodes 34, 41
- KANZEN TREASURE
- Lyrics: Saburo Yatsude
- Composition & Arrangement: Chuumei Watanabe
- Artist: Ichiro Mizuki
- Inserted into episodes 39, 44
- "Pirates (Strong Man) 〜Space Pirates Theme〜" (海賊（つわもの）たち〜宇宙海賊のテーマ〜 〜Uchū Kaizoku no Tēma〜)
- Lyrics: Hideaki Takatori
- Composition & Arrangement: Morihiro Suzuki
- Artist: Takayuki Miyauchi
- Inserted into episodes 43
The series' ending theme "Super Sentai Hero Getter" lists off all of the Super Sentai series, making reference to their songs and motifs, with each of the three verses of the song being played in rotation. The first verse covers Himitsu Sentai Gorenger through Choujuu Sentai Liveman, which all aired in the Shōwa period; the second covers Kousoku Sentai Turboranger through Mirai Sentai Timeranger, which all aired through the remainder of the 20th century; and the last one covers Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger through Tensou Sentai Goseiger, which were all broadcast in the 21st century. The song is remixed into "Super Sentai Hero Getter ~ 199 ver." from their first team-up movie (eliminating all but one of the choruses) and then "Super Sentai Hero Getter ~ Now & Forever ver." in the final episode, the latter remix covering Gokaiger and Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger also has soundtracks based on the show.
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Single - The official single to the TV show featuring the opening theme, the ending theme, and the karaoke version of the songs. At the end of episode 4, the Gokaigers had a special promotion for the thirty viewers.
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Original Album Treasure Sound Box 1 - The first original soundtrack to the TV series featuring 31 songs from the show including: Gokai Change!, the TV size version of the opening theme, and more.
- Gokaiger Stage Show at Red Heroes Theatre G-Rosso
- Gokaiger Stage Show at Super Hero Nagoya Dome
- Gokaiger Stage Show at Red Heroes WAKAYAMA Marina-cityble
- Gokaiger Stage Show at Double Hero Yomiuriland
- Gokaiger Stage Show at Red Heroes New Hero Legend
- The ending theme, Super Sentai Hero Getter, is an updated version of the 25th Anniversary theme, Super Sentai Tamashii. The former introduces Gorenger through Gokaiger, while the latter introduced Gorenger through Gaoranger. Also in the ending theme, the singers who originally sang for the more recent Sentai series’ opening theme rap the series’ line. E.g.: Yoffy of Psychic Lover rapping Dekaranger, Iwaki rapping Magiranger, NoB rapping Boukenger etc.
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger is the first Super Sentai since 2002s Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger to have more than 50 episodes.
- This season has a connection to several of the "Vs. Movies", where several cross-over characters and concepts reemerge in the series.
- The first was during the Juken Sentai Gekiranger tribute, where Juken Sentai Gekiranger vs. Boukenger villain Cosmic Kenpō Master Pachacamac XII's successor, Cosmic Kenpō Master Pachacamac XIII, appeared.
- During the Engine Sentai Go-Onger tribute, another relation to a Vs. Movie villain appears: Pollution President Babatcheed, successor of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger vs. Go-onger: Ginmaku Bang!! villain Pollution President Batcheed.
- In the events of the Mirai Sentai Timeranger tribute, the crossover the Gokaigers themselves make in Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku is explained. They also witness the Shinkenger and Goseiger's introducing themselves during their battle with Buredoran of the Bloodbath, as well as fight a prototype of a Manitroid the Goseigers would eventually face.
- During most tribute episodes, when the Gokaigers transform into the respective team an instrumental version of that team's opening theme is played. The tribute episodes for Gekiranger, Jetman (Gai did sing a bit of the Jetman theme), Ohranger (the theme used for change in Ohranger is a Ohranger's theme, but not Ohranger's opening theme), and Battle Fever J (it was already used once before) are the only exceptions to this.
- This is the first series to feature a Christmas themed Ranger (Gokai Christmas). However, this was only an alternate form of one of the Rangers.
- The main cast for this season have appeared in more movies than any other season. The Gokaigers first debuted in Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku, and then appeared in the VS movie Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle, their own movie Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger the Movie: The Flying Ghost Ship, the first cross-franchise movie Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie, and appeared in the second cross-franchise movie Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen.
- The 5 core Gokaigers share many similarities to the 5 Gorengers:
- Captain Marvelous is similar to Tsuyoshi Kaijo because both of them has lost someone close to them (Marvelous lost AkaRed, while Tsuyoshi Kaijo lost his brother).
- Joe Gibken is similar to Akira Shinmei because both of them were the serious loners of the team.
- Luka Millfy is similar to Daita Ooiwa because both were strong members of their team, and both were temporarily replaced by another character.
- Don Dogoier is similar to Kenji Asuka because both were the comic relief characters for their team.
- Ahim de Famille is similar to Peggy Matsuyama because both had lost at least one parent through the series.
- This is the first Sentai series to have a pirate ship as a mech.
- Nearly every major Sentai color was used for a tribute episode except for Green. Although three Green Legends appeared in the series, none of them were in a true tribute:
- Chiaki Tani (Shinken Green) was part of the Sentai Legends in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle. However, the Shinkenger's Greater Power was already granted by Kaoru Shiba.
- Dai (Green Flash) granted the Flashman's Greater Power, but in a collective with four other teams.
- Shou Tatsumi (GoGreen) was part of a Sentai group who appeared in Farewell Space Pirates to see the Gokaiger off as they regain their powers.
- During the henshin sequence the roman numeral for 35 is seen "XXXV".
- According to an interview, the number of returning legends in Gokaiger were not going to extend to the entire scope of the franchise. In the original plan, only series who were going to give mecha or mecha formations were going to have major focus and cameos, which would have made the Legends only extend to every series from Gaoranger to Goseiger. Surprisingly, Gekiranger was part of this group (even though their Greater Power did not necessarily have a mech), but Boukenger was not included, nor was any series prior to Gaoranger.
- Gokaiger is the second Sentai series in which it's footage is also used for the season of Power Rangers before it's respective adaptation. Footage of the Legend War is used in Power Rangers Megaforce. However, Gokaiger's Power Rangers counterpart is Power Rangers Super Megaforce. The first time this happened was in Chase Into Space, the finale to Power Rangers Turbo, in which footage of the Mega Shuttle is seen.
- This is the first season where all rangers debut in a movie, as the main 5 made their debut in Tensou Sentai Goseiger vs. Shinkenger: Epic on Ginmaku and Gokai Silver made his debut in Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle.
- This is the second season where past Rangers appear in an episode, and not in a movie, the first being Turboranger. However, unlike Turboranger, the past Rangers appear frequently as opposed to just in one episode.
- This is the first series to get a Blu-Ray release.
- For April Fools Day 2012, RangerCrew made the "announcement" of "Mighty Morphin' Pirate Rangers", which claimed to be the Power Rangers 20th Anniversary adaptation of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, as well as featuring Justin Stewart (Blue Turbo Ranger) as the mentor of the "new team".
|Gorenger • J.A.K.Q. • Battle Fever J • Denziman • Sun Vulcan • Goggle V • Dynaman • Bioman • Changeman • Flashman • Maskman • Liveman • Turboranger • Fiveman • Jetman • Zyuranger • Dairanger • Kakuranger • Ohranger • Carranger • Megaranger • Gingaman • GoGo-V • Timeranger • Gaoranger • Hurricaneger • Abaranger • Dekaranger • Magiranger • Boukenger • Gekiranger • Go-Onger • Shinkenger • Goseiger • Gokaiger • Go-Busters • Kyoryuger • ToQger• Ninninger • Zyuohger • Kyuranger • Lupinranger VS Patranger • Ryusoulger|
|View • Talk • Edit|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found