|This article is about an episode in Denji Sentai Megaranger.|
|Ep. 38: Scary! Nezirejia's Fiendish Squadron|
|Denji Sentai Megaranger, Episode 38|
|Air date November 16, 1997|
|Written by Junki Takegami|
|Directed by Ryuta Tazaki|
Ep. 37: Why? Chisato's Old Man's Voice
Ep. 39: Exposed! Mega Red's True Identity
Scary! Nejiregia's Fiendish Squadron (戦慄! ネジレジアの凶悪戦隊 Senritsu! Nejirejia no Kyōaku Sentai) is the thirty-eighth episode of Denji Sentai Megaranger. This is the opening episode of a six-part arc dealing with the Megaranger facing an evil Sentai squadron of Neziregia, the Jaden Sentai Neziranger.
When Dr. Hinelar releases an evil Sentai squadron which destroys the Megaranger, Kubota is forced to investigate their connection to Dr. Samejima, his former friend and partner.
When the Megaranger respond to another Nejirejia threat, they are shocked to see doppelgängers of themselves attacking civilians. Eventually, these copycats remove their disguises. These five new enemies are the Nejiranger. The fiendish quintet do something to the Megarangers’ helmets before Mega Silver scares them away.
The Nejiranger hone in on signals that matches a Megaranger’s individual power, such as Mega Pink’s cellular ability. If the Megaranger access their transformations, the Nejiranger would immediately be alerted of their location. In the meantime, Professor Kubota goes to meet with Dr. Hinelar, or rather a projection of himself.
Yusaku clones the Megarangers’ transformation signals, and he airs them from the inside of the Digitank. The Nejiranger find the vehicle, and they realize that they were being tricked. This gives the Megaranger time to transform.
Eventually, both squads have a brawl. The Nejiranger uses its group technique Neji Energy Attack to severely weaken the Megaranger. Luckily for the heroes, the Nejiranger are forcefully teleported back to the Nejirejia. Professor Kubota finally rushes to the aid of his warriors, all of whom are covered in severe wounds.
- Kenta Date (伊達 健太 Date Kenta): Hayato Oshiba (大柴 隼人 Ōshiba Hayato)
- Kouichirou Endou (遠藤 耕一郎 Endō Kōichirō): Atsushi Ehara (江原 淳史 Ehara Atsushi)
- Shun Namiki (並樹 瞬 Namiki Shun): Masaya Matsukaze (松風 雅也 Matsukaze Masaya)
- Chisato Jougasaki (城ヶ崎 千里 Jōgasaki Chisato): Eri Tanaka (たなかえり Tanaka Eri)
- Miku Imamura (今村 みく Imamura Miku): Mami Higashiyama (東山麻美 Higashiyama Mami)
- Yuusaku Hayakawa (早川 裕作 Hayakawa Yūsaku): Shigeru Kanai (金井 茂 Kanai Shigeru)
- Professor Eikichi Kubota (久保田 衛吉博士 Kubota Eikichi-hakase): Satoru Saitō (斉藤暁 Saitō Satoru)
- Pop: Samuel Pop Aning
- Dr. Hinelar (ドクターヒネラー Dokutā Hinerā): Tetsuo Morishita (森下哲夫 Morishita Tetsuo)
- Shibolena (シボレナ Shiborena): Asami Jō (城 麻美 Jō Asami)
- Evil Electro-King Javious I (邪電王ジャビウス1世 Jadenō Jabiusu Issei, Voice): Ryūzaburō Ōtomo (大友 龍三郎 Ōtomo Ryūzaburō)
- Yugande (ユガンデ Voice): Hirotaka Suzuoki (鈴置 洋孝 Suzuoki Hirotaka)
- NeziRed (ネジレッド Nejireddo, Voice): Toshio Funatsu (舟津俊雄 Funatsu Toshio)
- NeziBlack (ネジブラック Nejiburakku, Voice): Kunihiko Yasui (安井邦彦 Yasui Kunihiko)
- NeziBlue (ネジブルー Nejiburū, Voice): Yoshiharu Yamada (山田 義晴 Yamada Yoshiharu)
- NeziYellow (ネジイエロー Nejiierō, Voice): Masako Katsuki (勝生 真沙子 Katsuki Masako)
- NeziPink (ネジピンク Nejipinku, Voice): Erina Yamazaki (山崎 依里奈 Yamazaki Erina)
- Yasuda: Hitoshi Shimura (志村仁志 Shimura Hitoshi)
- Takoyaki Vendor: Kunihiko Matsunaga (松永久仁彦 Matsunaga Kunihiko)
- Woman: Kazuko Ageishi (揚石和子 Ageishi Kazuko), Yumiko Miura (三浦由美子 Miura Yumiko)
- Viewership: 6.9%
- this episode aired along with B-Robo Kabutack episode 37, Name Inference!! The Puzzle Of KT.
- This episode is one of the few times Professor Kubota comes to Moroboshi High School, when he came to the Digi-Ken Club to warn the Megarangers not to use their Digitizers.
- The music used in this episode was Dies Irae (choir) by Mozart.
- Denji Sentai Megaranger Volume 4 features episodes 32-41.
- The complete Megaranger series was released in North America by Shout! Factory in 2017.