|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
|Act 7: Marlin Fishing|
|Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Episode 7|
|Air date March 29, 2009|
|Written by Yasuko Kobayashi|
|Directed by Shojiro Nakazawa|
Act 6: The Abusive King
Act 8: The Brides are Spirited Away
Marlin Fishing is the seventh episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
Ryunosuke is sent to catch the Marlin Origami living in the wild, where he must work with a jaded fisherman to save his team from a poisonous Ayakashi.
While having breakfast, the Shinkengers learn that the Kajiki Origami has been sighted at the Funabuta Coast as the Ayakashi Yamiororo appears. While the others go after Yamiororo, Ryunosuke is sent to acquire the Origami itself by fishing for it. But after failed attempts to catch it, Ryunosuke receives the aid of a mysterious fisherman named Sakutaro Komatsu before being contacted by Jii that the others got poisoned by Yamiororo and the Kajiki Origami is needed to cure them. Though Sakutaro questions the point of his endeavor, Ryunosuke resumes fishing as Takeru leaves to slow Yamiororo down in spite of the pain from the poison. Motivated by his lord's determination, Ryunosuke finally manages to fish the Kajiki Origami out with aid from Sakutaro. With the Kajiki Disk in hand, Ryunosuke makes his way to Takeru as the other vassals came to his aid, using the disk's power to cure everyone before they change to use the Rekka Daizantou's Kajiki Five Rings Bullet to kill Yamiororo, destroying him again with the newly formed Kajiki-Shinkenoh. As Sakutaro secretly resumes his duty as a kuroko, a mysterious figure who witnessed the Shinkengers' fight with Yamiororo walks off.
- Key Title Kanji: 釣 (Fishing; the action required to catch the marlin-like Origami of this episode)
- The events of this episode ends up saving the life of someone which will lead to a later episode.
- First appearance of Juzo Fuwa.
- A catch-up of the first twelve episodes of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger was aired as part of the Super Hero Max 2012 special event on TV Asahi. 
Home video releasesEdit
- The first volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with the show's first 16 episodes, as well as the director's cut of the first two episodes, and was released on February 7th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.