|This article is about a/an episode in Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
|Act 2: The Stylish Combination|
|Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Episode 2|
|Air date February 22, 2009|
|Written by Yasuko Kobayashi|
|Directed by Shojiro Nakazawa|
Act 1: The Gallant Appearance of the Five Samurai
Act 3: An Extermination Skill Contest
The Stylish Combination is the second episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
Takeru's new retainers show difficulties in adjusting to their new lives as Shinkenger as another Ayakashi attack forces them to learn the rules of their master.
After being summoned to serve Takeru as his vassals, Ryunosuke, Mako, Chiaki, and Kotoha begin their transition into Shinkengers. However, while practicing their kanji to perfect their Modikara abilities, Chiaki shirks it off and has Ryunosuke and Mako start to question Takeru until Kotoha is nowhere to be found, finding her practice as reveals her reasons for becoming a vassal.
When the Ayakashi Ootsumuji appears, the vassals deal with the Nanashi while Shinken Red fights Ootsumuji. But when the vassals took the blow meant for him, Shinken Red seem cold to Kotoha being heavily wounded as he runs after the Ayakashi. But when they learn their master was cold in order to save a little girl the monster was heading towards, the vassals fully realize their mission and join their master in executing the deathblow.
But when Ootsumuji revives into a giant, the Shinkengers combine their Origami to form Samurai Gattai ShinkenOh , after the vassals' own Oden combination attempt under Ryunosuke did not work. After dealing with the Ōnanashi summoned to hinder it, ShinkenOh slays Ootsumuji. After Ryunosuke apologizes for forsaking him and his combination blunder, he disciplines himself by standing underneath a water fountain as Takeru and the other vassals leave him behind.
- Key Title Kanji: 合 (Join; Combine, referring to the first Origami combination done in this episode)
- On August 6, 2010, TV Asahi aired special editions of episodes 1 and 2 of Shinkenger with some previously unseen footage cut from the original airing of the two episodes, referring to these two episodes as "Special Versions" (特別版 Tokubetsuban).
- Similarly, "Special Versions" of the last two episodes of Kamen Rider Decade previously aired on May 2nd and May 9th.
- A catch-up of the first twelve episodes of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger was aired as part of the Super Hero Max 2012 special event on TV Asahi. 
Home video releasesEdit
- The first volume of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Blu-Ray Box Set comes with the show's first 16 episodes, as well as the director's cut of the first two episodes, and was released on February 7th 2014 at a cost of 20,790 yen.